martes, febrero 28, 2006

Joi TV

Joi TV: "MX TV and Digital Garage approached me about hosting a TV show on MX TV's new terrestrial digital high definition broadcast channel. The market is quite small, covering only Tokyo and only viewable by people who have terrestrial digital tuners, but the good thing is that I'd be free to do just about anything I want. Starting July, they will broadcast to mobile phones with the proper tuners as well.

Originally, the plan was to start in April, but I'm arguing that we should push the launch back to July when we have the mobile phone viewers. This will also give me a bit more time to organize this. I've hosted TV shows in the past and I'm not particularly fond of them, but it sounded like I would have a lot of freedom and since it looks like they will agree to allowing me to license all of the content under a Creative Commons BY license, we could all use the footage for other stuff and maybe I could launch a video blog.

I just set up a wiki page where I will be posting thoughts and ideas. Justin Hall will be helping me shoot some footage for the show at SXSW as well. If you're interested in participating in this project in some way, sign up on the wiki or comment here. It's still basically wide open at the moment, but here's what I have in mind.

- Weekly live broadcast for 30 min, Sat night 10 PM JST broadcast on MX "

Link